The Children’s Commissioner – Anne Longfield – listens to children and young people’s views and makes sure important decisions consider those views. She would like to hear from children and young people about what matters most to them and asked us, Ellie and Helen, who work with Anne, to speak to you.~
We would like your help
- We are starting to think about what we should work on over the next year.
- To help her decide what her office should work on, the Children’s Commissioner would like to hear from a range of children and young people to understand what matters to them.
We want to find out
- What things you worry about most;
- What you think are the most important issues that the government needs to tackle to make things better for young people in England;
- What would you do if you were the Children’s Commissioner;
- Whether you feel children and young people are listened to by people who make decisions about them;
- Whether you think government should listen to the views of children and young people, and why.
What will you get out of taking part?
- Your voice matters and it is important to be heard
- Others, including us, will learn things from you
- We will thank you for your time with a certificate saying you have helped us with our work
What will happen if you decide to take part?
- We will ask you to sign a form that says you have agreed to speak to us
- We will then arrange a time to speak with you along with other children and young people
- We want to make sure talking to us is fun and interesting and there will be no right or wrong answers to the questions we ask you – we just want to hear about what matters to you!
What will happen with what you tell us?
- All the different things children and young people tell us with our work and be written up in a report.
- You can get a copy of the report
Do you have to take part?
- No, it is up to you if you take part. It is OK if you say you don’t want to take part.
- You don’t always have to answer the questions we ask or tell us why you don’t want to.
- You can leave at any time, no questions asked
How do you know that the information you give us is kept safe?
- We will NOT use your name in any reports
- We will make sure other people cannot guess who you are and what you have said
- We will keep our notes very safe and we will not show them to anybody
Let us know in the comments below!