How do you #definecare?
We’re asking people with care experience to share what care means to them through our new collaborative poetry project. We’ll take all the submissions we receive and weave them together into a poem that shares different definitions of care from across the country, which we’ll publish during Foster Care Fortnight 2020.
It’s an opportunity to share your views with others in a similar situation, and to keep busy and stay connected with others during the lockdown.
The deadline for taking part is Thursday 7 May 2020.
Here’s how you can get involved in three easy steps:
1. Write a line you would like to add to our collaborative poem.
Themes you could explore include; your personal care experience, your role models, positive or negative things about the care system, mental health and wellbeing, how you care for others, how you care for yourself, etc.
3. Fill in our entry submission form
When will you publish my submission?
What if I don’t want to be on camera?
If you’d like to take part in the project, but you’d rather not submit a video, we’ll accept an audio submission of your line instead.
- Orient your phone horizontally, and record your video in landscape
- Make sure you’re in a quiet place so we hear you clearly
- Film in a place that ideally has bright, natural lighting, for example in front of a window
Get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any questions.