IMO exists for you to share your stories, experiences and advice with others.
If you’re in care or a care leaver, and you have a story to tell, advice to share, or something that you want to shout about – do it on IMO!
You can send us blogs, vlogs, podcasts, articles, art, poems, short stories – the list is endless.
Fill in this form and send it, along with your content, to email@example.com. If you’re sending a large file – for example a video or several photographs – it’s best to use a file transfer service like WeTransfer (it’s free).
What’s in it for me?
By becoming an IMO creator, you’ll receive an annual subscription to Tastecard, which gives you 2 for 1 discount at over 6000 restaurants around the UK such as Prezzo, Frankie and Benny’s, Pizza Hut and many more*.
What’s more, we’ll also give you the space to tell the world your story, to help others in a similar situation, and to work towards making real changes to the lives of children in care and care leavers.
We want all teenagers and care leavers to be able to safely share their stories through IMO. That’s why we’ll never publish content using your real name, and we’ll make sure that you’re completely anonymous to protect your identity (unless you’re over 16 and you choose otherwise).
If you are over 16 and you choose to submit content to us in which you are identifiable, we’ll need you to sign another consent form before we can publish it.
Not sure what to create?
If you’d like to make stuff for us, but you’re not sure where to start, we’ve got loads of ideas – just get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s work together to show what being in care is really like.
Content submission guidelines
Stuff you should know before you submit content to us
- We’ll anonymise all content before publishing it on IMO to protect your identity, and we’ll never use your real name (unless you’re over 16 and you choose otherwise).
- Once we publish your content on IMO, it’s on the internet and accessible by anyone. Other people can comment on it (we moderate comments, and we don’t tolerate bullying, hate speech or racial slurs).
- Once we’ve published your content, we have no control over how others may use it – for example, it might be shared and commented on using different online platforms
- We may need to make small editorial changes to content before publishing. We’ll let you see any changes we’ve made to your content before we publish it, and you can decide to withdraw your permission to publish at any time.
- If you say something in your submission that makes us worry, or if we’re not sure what you mean, we may contact you to find out more. If we think that you or another young person is unsafe, we have a duty to share this information with other organisations that can help protect you. If we need to share your information with other people who could help, we’ll always tell you what we’re doing and why we’ve decided to do it.
- On your request, at any time you can withdraw your consent and we will remove your content from IMO.
- We know that talking about and sharing your experiences can sometimes be difficult. If you want to talk to someone right now about how you’re feeling, or about anything that’s worrying you, you can call ChildLine on 0800 1111.
*Tastecard offer valid for the first 100 individual contributors to IMO who have their content published on the website. Terms and conditions apply.